This page contains important information for the musicians of the Burlington Symphony Orchestra.
- If you are not a member and want to play with us, click here for more information!
- Players should check the Fundraising Events page regularly.
- You can ask businesses to advertise in our concert programs. Download the Advertising Order Form!
- Here are the most recent By-Laws of the Greater Hamilton Symphony Association. They are in process of being updated.
- Annual membership fee for players is $200. Please bring cash or cheque to the next rehearsal if you have not already paid for this season. Members are encouraged to make a cash donation in addition to the membership fee. A tax receipt will be issued for the membership fee and any additional donation.
- Rehearsals are held on Wednesdays at 7:30 pm sharp at East Plains United Church, 375 Plains Road East, Burlington. It is easily accessible by car via Highway 403, and by Go Transit and Burlington Transit. There is ample parking in the east lot (off Dovercourt) and west lot (off Plains Road); accessibility parking is in the west lot only.
- Music is available for pickup from the Librarian, Graham Young, at email@example.com or 905-928-4671.
- If you are unable to attend a rehearsal, please contact the Personnel Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org and arrange for someone to cover your part.
The Symphony on the Bay audio archive comprises 35 concerts recorded from 1973 to present including about 140 pieces of music. From 1973 to 2012, the original recordings were on cassette tapes. All of these have now been transferred to digital files at the Jazz Kitchen Studio. From 2013 onwards, the recordings were done digitally at BPAC (a few elsewhere). The digital files are being edited and remastered at the Jazz Kitchen Studio. Specific pieces of music are posted on SoundCloud as they are completed. With only a few exceptions, the quality of of the recordings and the performances is surprisingly excellent. For the moment, the music is only available for streaming, not download. Downloads may be considered in the future. Click the SoundCloud logo below to access the archive.