Join the Orchestra
What do I need to join the orchestra?
- You must play an orchestral instrument (Strings, woodwind, brass, percussion, harp);
- Have several years of experience playing;
- Orchestral experience is preferred but not required.
The Burlington Symphony Orchestra currently is looking for violin, viola, cello and double bass players for the 2019-20 season. Contact the Personnel Manager for details.
So I meet the above criteria. What’s next?
- Contact Graham Young, Personnel Manager, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an audition.
What is involved in the audition?
- The audition is very informal;
- It requires performing a piece of your choice;
- The conductor will be looking for pitch, rhythm, musicality and ability to follow instruction.